Kitchen Remodeling In Birmingham, AL
Redesigning Your Kitchen to Better Meet Your Needs
Far too many homes have kitchens that everyone in the house dreads using. Whether it’s because there’s not enough storage or room to maneuver or because the appliances and fixtures are too old and worn out, for whatever reason the kitchen has surpassed its expiration date. Thankfully, there’s a solution to this problem: a kitchen remodel.
Thinking about a kitchen remodel? Our home remodeling and restoration experts are just a phone call away. Call us at (205) 358-4963 or get in touch with us online to learn more about our kitchen remodeling services.
View Our Kitchen Restoration Gallery
Signs It’s Time for a Kitchen Remodel
They say, “Home is where the heart is,” and in many cases, the heart of our homes is the kitchen. It’s one of the rooms that everyone in the household uses daily. It’s where we store and make the food that keeps our family fed. In some cases, it’s where we gather to eat as a family. There’s meaning in that beyond just storing, cooking, and eating food.
A room with such a deep connection to our lives, and that’s used as frequently as a kitchen is, should be one of the best designed rooms in our home. It should be the room where comfort meets convenience. Otherwise, you wind up regretting the time you spend there, which is the last thing you want to feel about one of the most frequently used and important rooms in your home. If you get this feeling when you use your kitchen, it may be time for a remodel.
Beyond simply not enjoying using your kitchen, there are other signs that it’s time for a kitchen remodel, including:
- Location – This could involve adding a deck to your house and installing a doorway between your kitchen and the deck, so it’s easier to entertain during outdoor events. Or maybe you want to add or remove windows from your kitchen to better control natural light as it enters the room. Or you may need to add a window to the kitchen that has a view of your backyard, so that you can keep an eye on your kids while they play. The possibilities are endless.
- Space – Issues of space in a kitchen are very common. It could be that you need more space to move around in the kitchen when you are cooking, especially if you will be cooking with others. More room would also be helpful if your kitchen sees a lot of foot traffic or you’re often short on storage space.
- Accessibility – Making sure your kitchen's layout is accessible and efficient can save you a lot of headaches down the road. One of the best ways to do this is by incorporating the kitchen triangle layout. The kitchen triangle involves finding the most efficient and accessible layout for your kitchen's three main work areas, which generally are the stove, sink, and refrigerator. An ideal kitchen triangle keeps those three areas close to each other to create the most accessible and efficient workspace. While the kitchen triangle is a popular layout, it is far from the only tried and true kitchen design. Ultimately, finding a kitchen layout that is right for you is what is most important.
- Tech Upgrades – Having out of date appliances is a very good reason for a kitchen remodel. Some appliances become faulty and dangerous as they age. Others become less efficient, leading to higher utility bills and longer cook times. Installing the latest appliances can make your life easier. New appliances are more reliable, safer, easier to use, and often energy efficient (which can lead to savings on your utility bills).
- Dated Design – We’ve all been there. At some point, something we’ve owned has fallen out of style. This is true for clothes, cars, furniture, and kitchen designs. Whether it’s your appliances, cabinets, sink fixtures, lighting design, flooring, or layout, there eventually comes a time when it simply needs to be redone to keep up with the times and your ever-evolving sense of style.
- Safety – Although safety issues have no age limit, this mostly applies to homes with small children. Making sure your kitchen design is safe for your kids is one of the most important things you can do. It could be as simple as ensuring stove tops and microwaves are out of your children’s reach or replacing your kitchen counters with countertops without sharp edges. There are probably several things in your kitchen that you won’t realize put your child’s safety at risk until you speak with a kitchen remodeling and restoration specialist.
Kitchen Remodeling Services in Birmingham and Surrounding Areas
For over 45 years, Home Repair Service has been providing customers in Birmingham and its surrounding areas with top notch remodeling and restoration services. We take pride in the fact that we remove the complications associated with working with a contractor and replace them with a straightforward approach that puts customers at ease.
Our simple and straightforward process has allowed us to help over 16,000 homeowners with home restoration and remodeling projects, and as our reviews show, our customers have a great experience working with us from beginning to end. If you need help with a kitchen remodel, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Our kitchen remodeling services include:
- Full kitchen layout design and planning
- Installing new cabinets and counter tops
- Removing walls, installing French doors, and installing large windows
- Installing recessed lighting, and under cabinet lighting
- Professional cabinet painting
- Replacing tile and other types of flooring
- Installing backsplashes and sinks
- And so much more! What’s your vision?
For more information about the benefits of a kitchen remodel, contact us online or give us a call at (205) 358-4963 to discuss your options with our local professionals.
Frequently Asked Kitchen Remodeling Questions
Is it Better to Paint or Refinish Kitchen Cabinets?
When it comes to painting or refinishing kitchen cabinets, everyone has a different opinion that is shaped by their individual needs and preferences. There’s no one option that works for everyone, which is to say, there really is no “better” choice. It’s important to weigh both sides carefully to determine the best fit for your needs. Painted cabinets tend to require more maintenance, but it’s a better option when the quality of your cabinet wood is compromised. Refinishing is great for beautiful, natural wood.
Our team will help you find a solution that ensures your kitchen looks great and functions properly at the same time.
What Type of Kitchen Countertop Should I Choose?
Choosing the right kitchen countertop can be a daunting task, but not with our help! There are so many materials to choose from--laminate, solid surface, granite, quartz, etc. The best way to decide which is right for you is to consider your budget, frequency of use, and family size. For example, if you have a small family and don’t do much cooking then you may prefer laminate or solid surface counters as they are fairly cost-effective and quite durable. On the other hand, if you are looking for something more upscale with enhanced performance characteristics then you may want to opt for quartz or granite - both offer scratch resistance as well as some heat resistance. Whichever type of material you choose it's important that it meets your needs and lifestyle!
How much Does Remodeling a Kitchen Increase Home Value?
The average ROI of typical kitchen remodels in the US is 81%, although in competitive markets you may see that number exceed 100%.
Further Reading: 5 Home Remodeling Projects Guaranteed to Increase Your Home’s Value
Quality Service You Can Rely On
Over 45 Years of Experience
Family Owned and Operated
Simple and Straightforward Process
Great Experience Beginning to End
Open and Honest Conversations
Have Helped Over 16,000 Homeowners